Dr. Darius Osei
Dr. Darius Osei is a seasoned hospital leadership and management expert with over twenty-nine (29) years of experience in hospital management in both the public and private sectors. He has held a number of hospital management positions, including serving as a Medical Director of a Secondary level healthcare provider in Cape Coast, Ghana, now a tertiary-level healthcare provider (The Cape Coast Teaching Hospital).
He also led the transformation agenda of one of Ghana’s most successful quasi-government hospitals (The Trust Hospital). Aside from leading the service provision expansionary drive of the hospital, Dr. Osei, as the General Manager, led the establishment and opening of eight new branches, which are doing very well.
Due to his prowess in leading hospital management and transformation, he was appointed in July 2018 by His Excellency the President of the Republic of Ghana as the first-ever Chief Executive Officer of the University of Ghana Medical Centre (UGMC) with the mandate to operationalize the same. The UGMC is designed to become the first quaternary-level healthcare provider in Ghana to serve the West African sub-region and beyond.
Dr. Osei is a qualified Medical Doctor. He also holds a master’s degree in Hospital Management. He has attended and shared his experience at many local and international workshops, seminars, and training relevant to his area of expertise, healthcare management.
His areas of expertise include:
• Health Administration and Management
• Critical Thinking, Analysis, and Strategic Planning
• Health Policy Development and Implementation
• Healthcare Quality Improvement Initiatives
• Team Leadership, Governance, and Motivation
• Coaching and Capacity Development
• Organisational System Transformation
• Establishing and Maintaining Public and Private Partnerships in Healthcare.